Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Surviving Two Kids

It's officially been three weeks since Brooks was born. That means it's officially been three weeks with two kids. I'm learning... slowly... with trial and error. For example, plan your showers very carefully. Or sometimes don't shower. It might not be worth it. 
It's obviously a lot easier when Shane's at home, but every third day he's at the station. A typical day for us on those days starts with me sleeping in until the very last minute. Hadley is my alarm clock right now. Brooks wakes up 3-4 times a night, sometimes more, so I try and stay in bed as long as possible. Once Had wakes up we'll usually eat breakfast in my bed while Brooks sleeps and we watch cartoons. 



After breakfast I'll do my best to get everyone, myself included, dressed and ready for the day. I like to have something planned for us to do, because I don't like sitting around all day. Some things that we've done include taking walks, going to eat lunch with Nonnie, going to lunch with Aubrey, working on projects around the house, attend MOPS, and run errands. I'm not super confident at running errands by myself with two little ones, so we don't do that a whole lot yet.
The kids don't know it, but they are pretty much in charge of what we do and when we do it. I won't let them know the power that they have. If we make any plans, they are always tentative.
Brooks sleeps a lot during the day right now. Sweet boy still has his days and nights mixed up. Here's a rare picture of him awake during the day.
 We'll usually eat lunch at home, just because it's so much easier with two kids.
After lunch Hadley will take her nap, and I'll try to get stuff done around the house if B lets me put him down. He loves to be held!
 The afternoon/evening activities vary. But often times this is what we look like...
It's definitely more challenging being a mom of two, but so worth it. These two are my heart outside of my body and make everyday worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment