Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

It's still a little bizarre that I get to start celebrating Mother's Day as a mom. Sometimes this whole "mom" thing feels like a wonderful dream, but thankfully it's not! My Haddie girl is here to stay! I had such a wonderful first Mother's Day. It's like having another birthday! Everyone caters to you and makes you feel so special and loved.
We went to Abilene for the weekend and kept ourselves busy the entire time. Me and Hadley were able to spend some much needed time with Jenna (I'll post more about that later) and we were able to have meals with both sides of our families. On Saturday night we went out with my parents to a cute little Itallian restraunt with my mom and dad. Shane gave a sweet card from him and a sweet card from Hadley. He also gave me a charm for my charm bracelet. It was very thoughtful!
On Sunday we headed to church. We were late of course; it's so hard to get places on time with a baby! We got to sit with Shane's family and watch Aubrey sing in the children's choir. Hadley decided that she would like to take a nap in Aunt E's arms during church which was fine with me! After church we went to brunch with Shane's family.
I definitely have a new appreciation for our moms after having Hadley. Mom's work hard and it's a stress that I never knew before. It's also a love that I never knew before. I could have never imagined that I would love Hadley like I do. I now know what people mean when they say that being a mom is the hardest and most rewarding job in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment