Saturday, October 19, 2013

Brooks- One Month

Oh, my sweet little man... here are some of my thoughts from the first month that you joined our family.

 You have already added such happiness to our family. I am so content. It's like we were missing a puzzle piece and now it's found. You are here.
Being a mommy of two has come with a learning curve, but everyday I feel like we are all getting used to our new roles and things are falling into place.
 You came into our lives at a time of such transition and I was worried about how you would fit into the mix, but it's like you've been here all along, because you fit into the mix perfectly.
 I didn't know how much I would love having a boy. I can't describe it. I just love it. I love that you look like a little old man... and act like one, too. For example, you sleep all the time. This isn't something that your dad and I are used to. Your sister never... ever... slept. It's very thoughtful of you to sleep for us. We get up with you several times a night, but you nurse and go right back to sleep. It's wonderful.
 You have such big hands and feet and I love it. They're adorable. Everyone comments on them. Your pediatrician even commented on them when you were in the hospital. I'm hoping it's a sign that you'll be tall.
 You have gained weight like a champ! Again, everyone comments on how big you are. "What are you feeding this boy!?"
We went to the pediatrician a week after you got out of the hospital for a check up and you were already at 9.8 lbs. The doctor was so impressed. He called you a show-off. That's my boy!
We love you so much, honey. We are so happy that you are here!
Hugs and Kisses,
Daddy, Mommy and Haddie

No comments:

Post a Comment