Thursday, October 31, 2013

Play-Doh

I'm constantly trying to find things that will keep Haddie occupied while I nurse Brooks so I thought that play-doh would be the perfect thing to entertain her. I set her at the table and let her choose her color. I showed her what it was and let her experiment with it for a little bit. Then I left her at the table and went to the couch to feed Brooks. When I came back there was a dab of play-doh on her mouth. Hmm...
So I asked her, "Hadley, did you eat the play-doh?"
Now, understand that when she does something she knows she shouldn't she smiles at me. It's like a defense mechanism. Like she's trying to be as cute as can be to get out of trouble or distract me.
So, in response to my question I got a huge smile.
I asked her again, "Did you eat the play-doh?"
Smile
Once more, "Hadley. Did. You. Eat. Play-doh?"
Nods her head.
At least she's honest!
Lesson learned. Don't leave 1 year old at the table with play-doh. They will eat it. Duh, mom. Can't believe I didn't see that one coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment