Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hadley's 2nd Birthday Party

Hadley is two! This is a quote that I wrote out when she turned 3 months old... Brooks age... "I know I'll look back on this and laugh, but 3 months sounds so big to this new mommy!" I do look back and laugh, because now 3 months seems so little and I know how fast 2 years flies by. And now I'll say it again... I know I'll look back on this and laugh, but 2 years sounds so big to this semi-new mommy! 
Hadley isn't really old enough to choose her theme for her party, yet. She is definitely opinionated, but is unaware that she can have an opinion on this subject yet. So Shane and I were brainstorming possibilities. We had almost settled on having a Dora party, since Dora is one of Hadley's favorites, but suddenly Shane popped out with, "We should have a cookie party!" I think he was halfway joking, but he was so right. What is Hadley very favorite thing in the entire world? Cookies! So a milk and cookie themed party it was!


I love the way these cookies turned out! I got some milk jugs, #2's, H's, and Hadley caricatures. Adorable!
Before her party, Hadley took a nap. I was so thankful that she went down, because it gave me time to set up and decorate for her party. We put streamers outside of her door...
and she wasn't really sure what was going on.
Love this sweet bed-head!
She finally started to get into the party spirit!

Let me reiterate. Hadley.Loves. Cookies. LOVES. I typically try to limit her sugar intake, but I think she had a cookie in her hand/mouth the entire party. But, hey, it was her party; she could do what she wanted to.
Notice the cookie...
Again...
And again...


Everybody gets a picture with Hadley eating a cookie!
Hadley and Harper Nell decorating aprons.
Wait... no cookie??
Oh there it is.
Decorating cookies...


Yum!
Eli decorating cookies




The idea behind this picture was good... the execution, not so much.
Beau-man
Aubs
The leaves in the backyard were such a hit!




Brooksy!
Happy birthday to you!!!
Blowing out her candles

My sweet little girl!
Tank and Nonnie with all the grands. Yes, this was the best picture we got. It's not easy taking a picture with 4 kids under 4.
Happy birthday, my love!! You are such a light in my life and I thank God for blessing me with you! I hope you loved your party and had the best time! I love you so much! Always, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment