Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snoopy

A couple weeks before Christmas Shane and I took the kids to Lowe's to do a little shopping. We've been renovating our kitchen, so Lowe's is a frequent stop for us. While Shane took Brooks in the shopping cart I stayed by the front of the store with Haddie. They had a ton of Christmas decorations set up for us to look at. On one set up they had a bunch of stuffed animals that danced to a Christmas song when you pushed on their hands or feet. Hadley was loving them. An employee noticed she liked them and came over to talk with her about them. He was a sweet, gentle older man; he was obviously a grandpa. Shane came to get us to leave, but before we could get up to follow him the old man asked Hadley if she wanted one of the dancing Snoopy's. My first reaction was, "Oh no, please don't get my child's hopes up, because there's no way I'm spending $20 on one of these!" Then he pulled out his wallet and handed Hadley a 20 and told her to buy herself a Snoopy. I was floored. How kind! A total stranger spoiling my child out of the goodness of his heart. I wanted to hug his neck for the sweet gesture! (I restrained, though.)
I got some pictures of Hadley with her dancing Snoopy when we got to the car. I ended up printing them out and sending them to the sweet old man with a thank you note. I love that Hadley got to experience someone being kind and generous without expecting anything in return. What an unexpected but wonderful lesson!



Oh a side note, we let Hadley choose a stuffed animal to sleep with every night. Often times she'll choose Snoopy. And often times on the baby monitor we'll hear the Charlie Brown theme song.

No comments:

Post a Comment