Thursday, August 18, 2011

27 weeks




These are the worst quality pictures, but they'll have to do.
How far along? 27 weeks
How are you measuring? roughly 37 3/4 inches
Size of baby? according to What To Expect she's 16 inches, 2.5 lbs, and as big as a head of cauliflower
Heartbeat? at our 27 week appointment the heartbeat was between 150-160 bpm
Total weight gain/loss? According to the doctors scale I've gained +15 lbs. I like the doctors scale better so we'll go with that.
Maternity Clothes? My mother-in-law got me a gift card to Baby Gap for some maternity clothes and I found lots! I got 5 shirts and 2 skirts- just in time for school!
Stretch Marks? Still no stretch marks
Sleep? I know I'm going to jinx myself here, but I've been sleeping pretty good the past few nights. I'm completely surrounded by pillows (2 under my head, one under my belly, one between my legs and one behind my back) so I know I look like a dork, but I'm comfy so who cares.
Best moment this week? When I was at Baby Gap surfing the clothing racks I looked up and saw Shane looking through the baby racks. He then proudly brought me his find and said, "Hadley would look so cute in this; she has to have it!" It was so sweet to see him excited about his little girl.
Movement? She's a moving! The other night I was laying in bed and felt her leg(?) push into my stomach. It was uncomfortable so I gently pushed back and immediately felt that leg move across my stomach. Weirdest (kinda alienish) feeling ever. But so cool. I freaked out just a little. It was like she was responding to my touch.
News? This week I started going to the chiropractor since my tailbone has been hurting. I've been twice so far and think it's making a difference. I haven't noticed my hips hurting at night either.
Food Cravings? Still craving those sweet!
What I miss? Sleeping on my back
What I'm looking forward to? This is more of a wish then looking forward to, but I wish people would stop telling me how tiny my belly is! Yes, the baby is healthy, so please stop looking so concerned when you say, "You're so little!" I'm sure you think you're being sweet, but I don't want to worry about the size of my belly so please stop saying it. I'm tall and thin and my baby has lots of room. All is good. No need to compare my belly to your sisters or friends, because I would bet that they are a different body type completely. There. I said it.
How are you feeling? I think I love you, second trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment