Wednesday, August 31, 2011

29 Weeks




The view I have looking down...

How far along? 29 weeks
How are you measuring? roughly 38 1/2 inches
Size of baby? according to What To Expect she's 17 inches, 3.1 lbs, and as big as a butternut squash
Heartbeat? At the hospital yesterday it was around 150 bpm
Total weight gain/loss? According to the doctors scale at 27 weeks I've gained +15 lbs. I got back at 30 weeks so we'll see what they say!
Maternity Clothes? I got 2 new shirts at Motherhood and a skirt at Old Navy this week
Stretch Marks? Still no stretch marks
Sleep? Sleep has been pretty good for the most part this week. My hips still hurt at night, but I think the chiropractor helps.
Best moment this week? Shane surprising me with a diaper bag! Sooo sweet!
Movement? She's been pretty good at moving around. I had a little scare yesterday when I was busy at work and at the end of the day thought, "Did I feel her today?" When I sit down and relax I can feel her moving around plenty.
News? Yesterday I called my doctor to tell her that I didn't feel like I had felt her move like I normally did. I left a message for my nurse and totally expected her to call me back and tell me everything was fine and give it time. Unfortunately, my nurse and my doctor were out so a nurse I didn't know called back and told me to go to the L&D section of the hospital to get it checked out. Of course I freaked out! Shane was in Bonham and I was supposed to drive into Dallas to make sure Hadley was alright? I don't think so. I called Shane and calmly (fine, hysterically) told him what was going on. He said he'd be right there. He told me to go home and wait on him and try to relax. I went home and layed on the couch and tried to watch tv to take my mind off of the situation. I felt Hadley moving and felt pretty confident that everything was fine, but I knew I needed to go in to find out for sure and get peace of mind. Shane finally arrived and off we went to Dallas. Shane sped a little and I felt like I was getting a taste of what being in labor and driving to the hospital would be like. When we arrived they hooked me up to a machine that listened to Hadley's heartbeat. It sounded wonderful. Healthy heartbeat. Happy mom. They monitored her heartbeat for about 30-45 minutes before a doctor came in to do a sonogram. I got a little glimps at Haddie while the doctor measured and took notes. She said Hadley looked great and got a perfect score! Before she stopped looking I asked her to make sure that Hadley was a girl. (I've had a fear- what if they got it wrong?? It happens, right?) Don't worry, Hadley's definitely girl. : )
I'm going to try and not be so paranoid for the last 10 weeks of pregnancy. We'll see how that goes...
Food Cravings? Salt and Vinigar chips and bagels and Nutella spread
What I miss? Dr. Pepper
What I'm looking forward to? Getting Haddie's nursery ready
How are you feeling? I'm still feeling good, but I'm starting to feel tired again. Maybe it's starting back to work or maybe it's 3rd trimester. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment